The Golden Junior Baseball Association (GJBA) believes in that every child should experience the joy of playing baseball; thus, GJBA provides registration fee scholarships to children, who without this financial assistance would not be able to participate.
While we respect your privacy, as an organization that counts on players fees to cover expenses, including scholarships, GJBA has adopted the following policy when considering scholarship requests.
- Athlete must be age 16 or younger.
- Commitment to attend a minimum of 85% of scheduled practices and games.
- Parent or legal guardian agrees to "re-pay" the league through volunteering for fundraising (sponsorships, etc), league functions and activities (for example, helping with tournaments, working the snack bar, helping with teams, etc) if so requested.
- Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. (Incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Application must first be approved by the league before consideration for GJBA assistance.
Priority will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below:
- Member of a multi-child family participating in GJBA.
- Living in a single parent home.
- Unemployed parent/guardian (unemployment documentation required)
- Participating in the free or reduced lunch program in the Jeffco School District. Proof of program eligibility required.
- Receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. Must provide written documentation of participation in these programs to receive priority status.
- Documented Medical condition which caused financial hardship
- Written recommendation by a school representative, social workers, youth community center workers, or other social services representative.
In the event your Scholarship is approved, GJBA may require:
- A family representative to Volunteer for up to 6 hours at a single event or combined GJBA events. Tournaments, Jr Program, etc.
- Participation in the King Soopers Rewards Program.
- Should you fail to meet requirements, the player will not be able to participate in practices or games with their team.
In the event your scholarship is not approved the following guidelines will need to be met:
- Players must be fully paid by March 31st or,
- Payment plans are available;
- 2 payments of $142.50 – February 28th and March 31st
- 4 payments of $71.25 - December 31st, Jan 31st, February 28th, and March 31st
- Players who fall behind on their league approved payment plan will not be able participate in practices or games with their team.
The GJBA Scholorship application is availble here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.leagueathletics.com/Text/Documents/5056/67477.pdf
In addition to completing the application, please provide a letter describing your situation and attach any of the information listed above that you feel will support your request. Please understand GJBA will keep all information confidential and will destroy it once a decision is made on your application.
Completed applications and supporting documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
PO Box 598
Golden, CO 80402
GJBA will inform you of its decision within two weeks of receipt of your information. Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for playing baseball.